President & CEO, DC Chamber of Commerce
Angela Franco is the President & CEO of the DC Chamber of Commerce. Her commitment to support and advocate for Chamber members demonstrates passion and vision to grow the organization.
Franco joined the DC Chamber of Commerce during civic unrest and a global pandemic and continues to move the organization forward. By working with its executive team and board of directors, Franco creates programs and services that position the Chamber as a valuable resource and leading advocate for businesses throughout DC. She has made strides in stabilizing the organization and is laser-focused on the budget re-forecasting based on the impact of the pandemic. In addition, by cultivating key partner relationships, the Chamber is seeing increased funding from public and private sectors and member engagement.
Prior to joining the DC Chamber of Commerce, Franco was the Senior Advisor for Business Development at the DC Health Benefit Exchange Authority (DCHBX). She was responsible for collaborating with the Hispanic and business communities and local and Federal governments.
Before joining DCHBX, Franco was President and CEO of the Greater Washington Hispanic Chamber of Commerce. Under her leadership, she strengthened and revitalized the organization, as evidenced by membership growth and a 500 percent increase in operating revenue. In addition, because of her passion and commitment, more than 70 percent of the Chamber’s members experienced business growth and ROI.
Franco has received many prestigious honors, including:
- 2022 Washington Business Journal Power 100 List
- 2022 Capital Region Minority Supplier Diversity Council MBE Hall of Fame
- 2021 Washington Business Journal’s Women Who Mean Business Award
- 2016 Presidential Ambassadors for Global Entrepreneurship Award
- 2015 Local Leader Making an Impact Award, NBC4 Washington
- 2015 American Airlines Extra Mile Award
- 2014 NFL Hispanic Leadership Award, Washington Redskins and Verizon
- 2014 Champion of Character and Scouting Vale La Pena Service Award, Boy Scouts of America
- 2013 Hispanic Business Community Award for Nonprofit Leadership, Hispanic Heritage Foundation.
- 2013 DC Illuminator Award, DCTV
- 2012 Minority Business Leader Award
- 2012 Minority Enterprise Advocate Magazine 50 Most Powerful US and International Business Executives
Franco is a Board Member at Large for the United Way of the National Capital Area, the Advisory Board of the Pan American Development Foundation, Board Member at Boys Scouts of America, Board Member of the Cherry Blossom Festival, and appointee to the DC Workforce Investment Council (by the DC Mayor). She is also a graduate of Leadership Montgomery and Leadership Greater Washington.
Franco’s earlier career includes roles with Branch Banking and Trust Company (BB&T) and the US Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Foundation. Before relocating to the US from Bogotá, Colombia, Franco held management positions for the Santander Pension Fund, the Institutional Relations for a Banco Popular del Ecuador division, and the American International Group (AIG).
Franco holds a Master of Science degree in Finance and a Bachelor of Arts degree in Business Administration. She is also a Certified Life Coach and a John Maxwell certified trainer, coach and speaker.