Homeowner Fighting Snake Infestation Burns Down Montgomery County House

A Montgomery County homeowner burned down their house after reportedly trying to deal with a snake infestation.

According to Montgomery County Fire and Rescue spokesperson Pete Piringer, the homeowner tried to use smoke to chase off the snakes using smoke from coals. But the coals got too close to flammable materials and started the fire.

Now the house on Big Woods Road near Poolesville sits in rubble.

About 75 firefighters responded to the fire which happened on Tuesday night, says Piringer. The fire reportedly started in the basement before spreading throughout the house.

Over $1M in damages were said to have occurred.

"Status of snakes unknown," says Piringer.

Source: NBC Washington

Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content